Last modified: April 20, 2018
Chalk Digital, Inc., d.b.a. Chalk Digital (“We” or the “Company”) operates the website at www.chalkdigital.com (our “Website”) and a mobile advertising platform (together with the Website, the “Service”).
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
End User Information
What We Collect
When you use a mobile app or visit a website that displays ads distributed through the Service, we may collect information about your device and the ads that are displayed or that you click on. Examples of this information are (but not limited to):
• Information about your device, such as the type and model, manufacturer, operating system (e.g. iOS or Android), carrier name, IP address, mobile browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari), and identifiers assigned to your device, such as its iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), Android Advertising ID, or unique device identifier (a number uniquely allocated to your device by your device manufacturer);
• Log information, including the app/websites visited, the time and your time zone, network connection type (e.g., WiFi, cellular), and cookie information;
• The geo-location of your device (using GPS or other geolocation data), when location services have been enabled for the mobile app or website displaying the ad from our Service;
• Information about ads served, viewed, or clicked on, such as the type of ad, where the ad was served, whether you clicked on it, and whether you visited the advertiser’s website or purchased the product or service advertised; and
• Non-personally identifying information that our advertisers or other third parties have collected and shared with us to help make the ads served to you more relevant.
How We Use It
We use the end-user information to provide and improve our Service. For example, we use it to serve ads, to prepare reports about ads and their effectiveness, to place ads more effectively and appropriately based on an end user’s location or inferring an end user’s interests from the website and mobile app activity, and to optimize and improve our technologies and delivery of our Service.
Sharing of End User Information
We may share with our advertiser customers aggregated information about end-user activity regarding the ads placed by our advertiser customers, such as the number and types of end users that viewed or clicked on ads. This information will not include any personally identifiable information.
Website Visitors and Advertising Customers of the Service
We may collect several types of information from and about Website visitors and advertising customers of the Service, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, third-party login information, or payment method information (“personal information”);
• That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
Information We Collect Directly
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, or as we process your transactions, for example:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, including information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, placing orders for advertising or other services, or requesting further services relating to the Website or your use of the Website;
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
• Records Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; and
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We may use third-party analytics services to provide us with analytic data collection and reporting. We will not provide any personally identifiable information to such third parties.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
• In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form) or adjust your user preferences in your account profile, or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may select the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email and follow the opt-out instructions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product or service purchase, product service experience, or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Your iOS mobile device may provide a “Limit Ad Tracking” setting. On Android devices, your settings may allow you to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads.” When you have opted out using one of these settings on a device, we will not use in-app information collected from that device to infer your interests or serve ads to that device that are targeted based on your inferred interests. Your web browser may also provide a “Do Not Track” browser setting. When you have enabled this setting in your browser, we will not use web browsing information from that browser to infer your interests or serve ads to that device that are targeting based on your inferred interests.
The activities of any third parties are subject to their own privacy policies and are not covered by this policy.
Data Collection Technologies
The technologies for data collection may include:
• Other Technologies. Pages of our the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about end users or our Website users is among the assets transferred;
• To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it;
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
Choices About Tracking Technologies and Advertising
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the information that you submit to us.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
How long do we keep the information for?
We may retain the information relating to your device collected from partnering mobile publishers or data partners for a period of up to 90 days unless otherwise required by law or applicable contract. After the 30-day period, we may retain and use such data in an aggregated format, as necessary for internal analytical purposes, to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce agreements.
Opting out of the mobile-based advertising
If you prefer not to receive interest-based- mobile advertising from Chalk Digital, you can opt out of this advertising at any time by going to the Opt-Out page and submitting your device ID. To do that please go to https://geoad.chalkdigital.com/mobile/opt/page
Please note that if you opt-out of the interest-based ads, the user will see ads but they will not be relevant.
In the event you have provided personal data to Chalk Digital through our company Website and wish to edit or have it removed from our database completely or to exercise your privacy rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Please know that in order for us to respond to your request we may require that you verify your identity.